Am 4 and 1/2 months pregnant. My stomach is painful on the right side; it really hurts and while urinating its itchy. What could be the problem?
Due to the surge of hormones that occurs during pregnancy, your body might become susceptible to some vaginal changes and infections. The symptoms you describe might indicate that you might have a bacterial infection, urinary tract infection or yeast infection. I would advise that you visit your doctor as soon as possible to get the right diagnosis and treatment. To prevent such infections, here are some few tips:
1. Always put on a clean pair of cotton underwear and avoid synthetic material underwear.
2. Wear comfortable, cotton underwear that will allow air to circulate. Avoid tight pantyhose or pants, which can cause bacteria-inducing sweat.
3. Wipe front to back when you go to the bathroom. This will keep bacteria spreading from your anus to your vagina.
4. Avoid hot baths and sauna’s.
5. Avoid douching and strong smelling soaps as they interfere with the friendly bacteria in your vagina.